Re: Changing character sets in Xy4 [ was Re: TYP and XY3]

Lisa Kleinholz wrote:
This did catch my attention. I'm using Xy4 with the 437 character set (I think). Should I change? How? I don't want to be left standing on the platform.
I am using ansified XyWrite (1252 codepage) and the Xy4 default is 850 CP. Should you change? It depends on your needs. If you explain a bit longer, I can give my piece of advice. You can see the different codepages here: http://www.kostis.net/charsets/cp437.htm http://www.kostis.net/charsets/cp850.htm http://www.kostis.net/charsets/cp1252.htm 1252 is the Windows CP and, if you use it in XyWrite, you're using a character set every Windows application understands. It's very useful for HTML, programming, e-mail or, in my case, desktop publishing (see: http://xywrite.org/msg00022.htm). Patricia, Robert and others have covered this issue in previous posts. Best regards, Manuel Castelao