Status line bug?

Occasionally, I'll use XyDos's math functions to tally up a
column of figures. It's convenient, with the totals displayed in
the status line. However, when I'm done, the status line seems
to become stuck. It doesn't clear itself properly. For example,
if I place the cursor on an embedded command delta, the status
line will display its contents until I move the cursor away.
After I've done some math, however, the status line no longer
clears itself. It will continue to display the contents of the
last embedded command delta I was on, even after I've moved the
cursor away.

I find this quirk a bit confusing. Is there any way to reset the
status line other than closing XyWrite and starting again? FWIW,
I'm experiencing this problem with XyDos 4.017.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx