Re: Message IDs and threading

I hope this one gets connected correctly. A member e-mailed me off list
with some comments about EarthLink, and added at the end:
"PS. Another thing I haven't figured out how to do is to reply directly
to a thread on a list that I get in digest form -- thus my reply directly
to you." Is it possible that the lumping of all messages in a digest
under one message ID is a peculiarity of digesting, not just of Juno?
Does anyone else get the digest, and if so, how do the individual
postings display? Can you reply to one or another individually (thereby
getting the correct message ID for threading purposes, as Robert urged us
to)? I don't want to go to the hassle of changing ISPs if I won't be able
to go back to the digest again. Thanks.
Patricia