Speedos Awol

Dear Jim,

{Reply to Msg. #10705}

Sorry those nicely tabular fonts lists no longer lined up right after I u/l'd
the msg.

≫if you have an HP2 printer, then you should load that printer only≪

Yes, but that would leave me with a grand total of 3 fonts showing, none of
them scaleable Speedos. And that's totally unacceptable.

≫Changing UO=, IM=, etc, serves only to muddy the waters in this situation.≪

Well, I've got each printer driver on the C: and the D:. And only one of the
four (HP-4 on the C:) has been modified at all.

≫I realize this must be very frustrating≪

You sure got that right.

You know, I've logged about 35,000 miles with this problem, including various
upgrades and re-installs. I just don't believe it makes a damn bit of
difference! Either the setup that (by all analysis) _should_ work does, or it
doesn't. I have painstakingly detailed for you the problem, the "ingredients",
and the results I obtain. If this is the best you can offer me, then I guess
I'll just stick with my clumsy workaround.

It happens that I visit an East Coast site 2 or 3 times a year that now has an
HP-4P (4 L ?). The last time I was there, I did not have enough time to
investigate this, but on my next visit I hope to temporarily duplicate my
setup over there and see if/how things may differ. At that point, I'll be glad
to give you an update.