Re: Xy 3.55

On Wed, 28 Jun 1995 OkAnnie@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Those of us who never stopped using xyWrite 3 would consider that less a
> regression than a belated recognition of consummate technology. We shall not
> see its like again, etc. Many things you like about xyDos 4 can be done with
> xpl routines in v3. And as I responded the first time you inquired about
> Windows word processing, you can taskswitch v3 as a DOS app under Windows
> without grief. How do you receive faxes? Do you use the winFax tsr?

I used WinFax when I was using Windows, which kept
crashing--Windows, not
Winfax. I switched to OS/2 and us e bundled FaxWorks, which isn't
as nice, but receives faxesx entirely transparently when I'm
using X yWRite. With WIndows, when resources were a problem,
switching back from XyWRite 4.014 to 3.55 increased my success
rate in receiving faxes. Don't know how the equation works in
OS/2.