Re: Nota Bene's claim

Leslie and Martin

They all run. Well at least all of mine do.

Most XPL programs written for NB Dos work in NB Win. A few require a small amount of editing - there are a few functions whose meaning has changed. For instance, AR toggled auto-replace in NBDos, but it now does something else (can't remember what, off the top of my head), and AZ now toggles auto-replace. And no NBDOS program that relied on NB4's OV function will run. But most of the NB DOS user XPL programs work fine in NB Win with little or no change. I've never used XYWrite, so I've no experience of running XYWrite user programs in NB Win - except for U2, which I load with NBSTART.INT. Many of the U2 programs work for me; some don't. But some of that may be my fault - I'm not a sophisticated user.

Somewhere on the NB User website there's a list of NB WIN codes that I put together quite a while ago. The general address is: http://users.moscow.com/rpenticoff/nb/; eudora="autourl">http://users.moscow.com/rpenticoff/nbhttp://users.moscow.com/rpenticoff/nb/.

Mary

Mary Bernard
mary_bernard@xxxxxxxx