Re: Laptop keyboards

Patricia M Godfrey  wrote:

> Does anyone recall, and
> have a copy of (if it still works) a little freeware utility that would
> read the scan code of any key one pressed?

I have a program here called SHOWKEY.EXE which does that. It's all of
2544 bytes tall, dates from 1989, and runs just fine in the DOS box of
Windows up to 98SE. (That's as far as I've progressed, which is why I
haven't tested it with any later version of Windows.)

Since I don't feel comfortable sending executable code to a mailing list,
anybody who wants it is welcome to ask me in private mail.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx