Unerasing (was: Re: What the modern stuff can't do.)

I may have misunderstood, but "if you erase a file using a DOS program like
XyWrite" you can still use Windows's Undelete feature. I not infrequently
(let's say three times in a good week) have to bail out of DOS and go into
Win3.1 simply to undelete something I've erased too hastily. (I try to
remember to save work-in-progress on a floppy and abandon it on the hard
drive; Undelete gets touchy if anything has been done to the pertinent
sector of the hard drive since the deletion took place, and I never know
whether I'm treading on my own toes if I save any other file.)

I must admit that if I were tweaking XyWrite in the innermost core of its
being (which I'm not competent to do) one of the features I wouldn't mind
having is a built-in Undelete.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel