Nota Bene

Dear XyWriters:

For those of you who are interested in keeping up with Nota Bene, we now
have an e-mail newsletter: "Nota Bene News." To subscribe (or
unsubscribe) go to: http://www.notabene.com/nbnews.html. Your
subscription will be effective with the next newsletter. If you would
like to receive the recent July issue, please send an e-mail to Kathy
Insaf at kinsaf@xxxxxxxx and she will be happy to forward it to you.
Please mention in your e-mail that you heard about the newsletter from the
XyWrite list.

With apologies for an admittedly commercial message, we're hoping to get
more XyWrite users (and their friends) discovering the pleasures of NB!

As an added incentive to purchase NB, we are offering an August special --
your choice of (1) $50 off or (2) a free copy of BookWhere-2000* bundled
with your copy of Nota Bene. To take part in this special, you must order
a new copy of Scholar's Workstation** (SWS) or Lingua Workstation*** (LWS)
between now and August 25 and you must mention the XyWrite list when you
order. This offer does not apply to SWS-to-LWS upgrades, site licenses or
bulk purchase and it cannot be used in combination with other special
offers. However, it can be used to further reduce the "competitive
upgrade" prices that we always offer to XyWrite users. Also, if any of
you are not registered XyWrite users (or if you have non-Xy friends who
would like to take advantage of this offer), we will extend our academic
discount pricing to everyone as part of this offer. So tell your friends!
Just make sure that they mention the XyWrite list and order by August 25.

Take $50 off of the following regular prices (or pay these prices and get
a free BookWhere):

Registered XyWrite users and/or students: SWS: $249; LWS: $349
Academic price available to all others: SWS: $349; LWS: $449

Product descriptions follow this e-mail. More detailed information is
available at http://www.notabene.com/brochure/

I hope to welcome many of you to the NB community! Thanks for your
interest and support.

Anne

Anne Putnam
President, Nota Bene Associates, Inc.
aputnam@xxxxxxxx
www.notabene.com
1-800-462-6733 (1-800-4NB-ORDER)
212-334-0445
212-334-0845 (fax)

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS

* BookWhere-2000: A program for using your Internet connection to search
library databases for bibliographic data. Over 600 library data bases are
pre-configured. Use BookWhere to find rare titles, to see what’s
available at a local library or to automate the process of building a
personal bibliographic database. Manufacturer’s list price: $295. Nota
Bene’s price for NB customers: $89. Price as part of this offer: FREE (if
you choose the free BookWhere).

** Nota Bene for Windows - Scholar’s Workstation (SWS): An integrated
suite of programs designed for scholarly writing and research. Programs
included
are: (1) the Nota Bene word processor which is built on the XyWrite
engine (licensed from TTG) and uses the familiar XyWrite commands, (2)
Ibidem, a bibliographic manager will store bibliographic data and automate
the process of inserting properly formatted citations in a paper and
generating reference lists or bibliographies (3) Orbis, a fast, multi-file
text search engine -- the perfect tool for finding and organizing notes,
letters, papers, etc (anything you have written or imported and stored on
your computer) and (4) IbidPlus, a database manager that expands the
functionality of Ibidem so that it can be used for customized
non-bibliographic databases. Prices posted on our web site: list/academic
discount/student discount: $449/$349/$249.  Price as part of this offer
(if you choose the $50 off): $199 for registered XyWrite users, $299 for
others.

***Nota Bene for Windows - Lingua Workstation (LWS): A recently released
suite of programs that expands the functionality of Scholar’s Workstation
to provide multi-lingual support for Hebrew (with right-to-left character
entry and word wrap), Greek, Cyrillic (Russian and related languages), the
International Phonetic Alphabet and an expanded Roman alphabet (including
characters used in African languages). Price as part of this offer (if
you choose the $50 off): $299 for registered XyWrite users, $399 for
others.