other Dosbox questions (was "printing from Xywrite in Linux")

Hi Bob --

if you don't mind:

* the Dosbox that came with Intrepid is 0.72. the font that comes up is pleasing,
and quite bright -- but the box is pretty small, and so is the font. the window
doesn't resize; when I switch to fullscreen it only looks okay. is there a way to
improve the windowed font and/or increase the box size? any way to improve the
full-screen font? I don't see anything in the readme, and changing the
"windowresolution" setting did nothing at all.

* I like to invoke XyWrite using the ,[filename] option to specify a different
startup.int to run. however, unlike Dosemu, Dosbox doesn't seem to recognize the
comma as such, i.e.

	C:\XY4\EDITOR.EXE,C:\XY4\PRIMEXY\N

which works in plain DOS, OS/2's DOS, and DOSemu, in DOSbox gives

	Illegal command: C:\XY4\EDITOR.EXE,C:\XY4\PRIMEXY\N.

is there a workaround? or maybe a different version to specify to make this work
that you're aware of?

-rafe

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 00:23:44 -0500, Bob Zimmerman wrote:

>from "Raphael Tennenbaum" :
>>can you print from XyWrite in Dosbox? I seem to remember some
back-and-forth
>>about this a few months ago.
>
>Hi Rafe:
>
>Yes, I can print, though not directly in Xywrite in Dosbox. Paul Lagassé figured
this out. Though he does something more sophisticated, I use the TYF command on
the xywrite command line, like so:

>TYF c:/directory/filename
>
>This creates the file fo.tmp in the above directory, which I then print using the
following command in a terminal window (comparable to the DOS command prompt
window in Windows):