Re: XYWrite 3.58

Ah no. 3.58 was way before anyone even thought of the Y2K problem. The
Y2K fix = Xy4 v. 4.018.

3.56 was released mainly due to the autocorrection business, as you
state, and I never loaded it. 3.57 did indeed contain some bug fixes (no
doubt column addition among them), and since by this time the workaround
for the autocorrect had been widely distributed, I did load that one.
3.57 is like a '57 Chevy (or a mid-1950s Royal Standard typewriter--the
model that had a brown spackled finish, green keys, and a tab key that
you could hit with your right palm). It's a classic, and it looks good
in an automobile show; but if you had one, I don't think you'd use it
today as your primary means of transportation.

Myron Gochnauer wrote:

If I recall correctly, 3.58 corrected a Y2K problem with earlier versions, but other than that no improvements were announced (nor noticed by me). The most obvious change came with 3.57 or perhaps 3.56, when a threatened lawsuit forced XyQuest to change the autocorrection function. Myron -----Original Message----- From: Fredric Gross [mailto:fredric.gross@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 7:55 PM To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Subject: Re: XYWrite 3.58 Somebody at XyQuest once told me that 3.57 corrected a flaw in column addition. For me, it was a most embarrassing flaw because it yeielded spurious results which I trusted. Fred ----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie Bialler" To: Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 2:58 PM Subject: Re: XYWrite 3.58