Addendum

Robert: What am I saying?! Of _course_ you can get the weekday in OS/2 -- I
do it myself in STARTUP.CMD! The REXX DATE function with argument 'W' returns
the day of the week: if date('w')='Friday' then 'echo It's Friday!'. (I use
it at the office to perform a tape backup at bootup every Friday morning.) You
can assign the weekday to a variable, call it Weekday, with Weekday=date('w'),
then manipulate it as desired in a REXX script. It's that simple. I knew it,
just forgot to remember it! Mind like a sieve....

Carl, as of Friday upcoming (the 10th), I'm GONE until September. And I don't
think I'm going to take my computer with me during the summer either; I hardly
use it when I'm in farming mode, and I enjoy breaking the mold. Anyway, I'm
afraid we'll have to postpone any get-together until the Fall, at which time
I'll need reminding about how XyWrite works. As I recall, the rub with REORG
was XyWin compatibility... no? I think the issue was not a "disclaimer" about
XyWin, but that some things simply didn't work -- though I can't recall what
they were. One tack might be to say that XyWin is in "Alpha" stage of
development and scarcely useable... likely to be changed radically & therefore
not worth working around all the bugs until the program settles down.
Actually, that's plus|minus true. Say, that's great about losing the weight!
I'm on a constant diet; it's a pain, but it makes a huge difference in one's
fitness & also how you think about yerself. I'd go on about it but my lids are
sagging v-e-r-y low. Sleep... Bye