Re: Sporadic problems with *.KBD defs under OS/2

In article <199812140743.CAA26566@xxxxxxxx>,
Robert Holmgren  wrote:
>>>Have you tried, as a less drastic solution than backing
>>>out of the FP, putting NI on the malfunctioning keys, i.e. "nn=NI..." so
>>>that it doesn't leak through to DOS?
>
>>I've just done that.
>
>And? Any improvement?

No change.

Timothy Olson's suggestion that the the key sequence is important
seems to be correct. With the SHIFT-ALT-T combination, for example,
pressing the SHIFT key slightly earlier than the others consistently
puts an upper-case T at the cursor position. When I press the ALT key
slightly earlier, the combination does what it's supposed to.

Here's what's in my *.kbd file for this particular combination:

KEYS=104
CTRL=29,99
ALT=56,98
SHIFT=42,54
CAPS=58,T:C

TABLE=ALT+SHIFT

20=NI,BC,r,u,n, ,c,:,\,w,d,p,r,\,x,y,w,r,3,\,c,a,l,t,r,m,d,r,.,p,g,m,XC

(For the record, I always use the left-hand SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT keys
for key combinations like this.)

--
Stephen A. Carter      High-Tech Information Center Nagoya, Ltd.
mailto:scarter@xxxxxxxx                Nagoya, Japan