Re: Strange files...

Carl Distefano wrote:
If the rationale for using KMD is access to the /Q switch, note that the DEL command built into later versions of COMMAND.COM has the /Q option.
Not 98 SE. Del /Q yields an "invalid switch"message.
Alternatively, in STARTUP.INT, you can give the Autosave files a different extension (REName them)
before deleting the .TMP files:
BX dos/nv/x/z /c ren d:\XY4\BTFONTS\AUTOSAV?.TMP AUTOSAV?.SAVQ2 ;*;
BX dos/nv/x/z /c del d:\XY4\BTFONTS\*.TMPQ2 ;*;
Neat. I may try that. Another wrinkle is that if you're having a problem and debugging something, you might want to see what .TMP files Xy has created and look at them. So the line in STARTUP.INT should probably ask if you want to delete them first. (I have the code for this, but it's on another machine that I cannot boot right now; no technical problem: it's a laptop and there's no room on its desk to open it!)

Patricia M. Godfrey