Re: Auto correct

Reply to note from "Phillip Alder" <phillipalder@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 10
Oct 2021 22:05:34 -0500

> XyWrite for Windows.

I don't frown on any XyWrite user, but am continually amazed at how
many people use versions other than the ultra-modern v4.018 for DOS!

> I occasionally get a sudden keyboard glitch, where, for example,
> Alt-right arrow doesn't jump the cursor to the next word. But by
> hitting Ctrl-K, everything goes back to normal.

Ah, interesting. I often experience similar keyboard glitches, which I
attribute to "sticky" shifting keys (Shift, Ctrl, Alt, etc.), and I can
usually right the ship by jiggling said shifting keys. Since the
default key assignment for Ctrl-K is func RK (toggle Record Keystrokes
on|off), I've assigned 37=RKRK in my TABLE=CTRL+CAPS,CTRL, and will be
eager to see if this is an easy fix for these sticky keys. (I'm
assuming that toggling Record Keystrokes On *and* Off will have the
same effect as toggling it On *or* Off, but we shall see. Report to
follow.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx