Re: Problem with ASPL

Dear Carl

Thanks.  I will play around with it and let you know.

Best wishes

Paul

On 13/03/2023 18:50, Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from "Paul Breeze" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
("paul.breeze") Mon, 13 Mar 2023 12:43:59 +0000

Paul,

I think I have installed Aspell for linux but I don't have a
graphical interface and it doesn't appear in the menu so I am not
quite sure how to get at it.  (I'm not used to the linux command
line.)

The only way I know to get at it is from the Linux command line. So, for
example, if you wanted to spell-check a XyWrite file named
D:\xy4\MyFile.txt, in Linux you would command (minimally):

aspell -c /mnt/d/xy4/MyFile.txt

(Note that any drive "X:\" in Windows translates to "/mnt/x/" in Linux.
In other words, WSL gives you access to all of your Windows data files
in Linux.) Of course, you could add other options to the command;
command "aspell -?" (without quotes) to see a usage summary or "man
aspell" to browse the user's manual.