Re: OT: Win-10 Updates

Hi all,

I think both sides have good points. In this vein,
1) Win10 is technically very advanced and is a real upgrade to what we have seen before in the Windows realm and much easier to use than Linux (or even Mac as the Mac's interface may be too streamlined),
2) messing up the user interface of Win7 was completely unnecessary from
a desktop user's point of view,
3) Win10 could benefit from a total overhaul of its architecture, which
is too much based on accrual of features upon features and bug fixes
upon bug fixes (the programming culture at Microsoft has been too
"democratic"),
4) Windows could adopt a Linux-like package update system and a (more
easily ("out-of-box")) interchangeable desktop style. Why not give a
Win7 interface option to those used to it?,
5) on the other hand, I find Windows file management in its current
state quite good (compared to Win 3.1x, Linux Midnight Commander or even
Total Commander which is a good option for Win 3.1x). I still use DOS
XTree Gold in DOS virtual machines (old habits die hard)!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx